UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA DE ÁVILA
Master in Senior Business Management (MBA) + Specialization of EOBS in Public Management
The master allows you, through an intensive and demanding learning process, to acquire all the necessary knowledge for business management and prepares you to develop a successful professional career. It offers you the possibility to develop personally and professionally in a global business environment with colleagues from different countries. It will turn you into a professional with a high-level technical mastery of the various functions of the company.
Throughout the master’s degree, special emphasis will be placed on the following aspects:
- Acquire a global and comprehensive knowledge of all the functional areas of the company and their understanding as an interrelated “whole”.
- Achieve an adequate understanding of the business reality, its internationalization and its globalization.
- Develop managerial skills that allow the global management and direction of the business.
The training given is aimed at developing the knowledge and skills necessary for a correct performance of the functions of business management, will enable students to carry out their work in the global scope of an organization and, due to their specific teachings, any of its functional areas: administration, finance, production, people management, marketing or commercialization.
- Provide students with the skills and abilities necessary to make business decisions.
- Promote the ability to analyze and diagnose business and managerial problems in the different functional areas.
- Encourage knowledge of advanced business management tools, to know how to identify and anticipate opportunities, assign resources, organize information, select, motivate and direct people, make decisions, achieve proposed objectives and evaluate results.
- Apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new environments and multidisciplinary contexts, related to the specific area of the company they choose.
- Promote the obtaining of a global and strategic vision of all the operational areas of the company.
- Acquire, under a professional and practical approach, knowledge, skills and mastery of business techniques typical of both middle management and senior management and strategic management.
- Understand the repercussions, threats and opportunities on the business activity of the national and international macroeconomic environment and know the management alternatives in the face of such changes.
- Understand the impact both on the management of business operations and on the business of the Knowledge Society or Network Society.
- Prepare people to work in teams with flexibility and leadership.
- Generate the ability to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of formulating judgments and making decisions.
- Enhance the ability to communicate knowledge, conclusions and decisions with solid arguments, clearly and unambiguously, both to specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Develop the innovative spirit.
- Encourage the acquisition of ethical values and social responsibility by students.
- Provide students with learning skills that allow them to continue studying independently.
This master’s degree is aimed at active professionals and / or University Graduates who wish to orient their professional career towards the business field:
- Executive positions and managers who need to expand and improve their team leadership, management and business administration skills, etc …
- Profiles with university degrees, graduates, graduates and graduates, who wish to professionally orient themselves towards the business field
- Entrepreneurs who need to increase their knowledge and tools to develop their business projects successfully.
- Qualified professionals who want to grow and redirect their professional career.
SUBJECT 1: GENERAL MANAGEMENT
- STRATEGY AND COMPETITION: GENERAL CONCEPTS / THE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE / THE CREATION OF VALUE AND THE STAKEHOLDERS / THEORY OF RESOURCES AND CAPACITIES / STRATEGIC PLANNING OF THE COMPANY / ANALYSIS OF THE ENVIRONMENT / INTERNAL ANALYSIS
- ENVIRONMENTAL ANALYSIS: GENERAL CONCEPTS / BASIC ANALYSIS TOOLS. THE MARKET / ECONOMIC SITUATION / MONETARY AND TAX POLICIES / THE LEGAL FORM OF THE COMPANY / EMPLOYEES / THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT
- INNOVATION AND CSR: CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY / INNOVATION / SYSTEMATIC INNOVATION / OPEN INNOVATION / TYPES OF INNOVATION IN THE COMPANY
SUBJECT 2: TEAMWORK
- LEADERSHIP AND NEGOTIATION: WHAT IS A TEAM / TEAM BUILDING / LEADING AND COORDINATING TEAMS / ROLES AND FUNCTIONS IN THE TEAM / MOTIVATION / MANAGING MEETINGS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT / NEGOTIATION AS A PROCESS / NEGOTIATION PLANNING /
SUBJECT 3: MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- MARKETING FUNDAMENTALS I: THE MARKETING DIMENSION / THE MARKET AND ITS ENVIRONMENT / THE CONSUMER / THE BRAND / STRATEGIC MARKETING DIRECTION
- MARKETING FUNDAMENTALS II: MARKETING MIX / MARKET ANALYSIS AND RESEARCH / RELATIONAL MARKETING / NEW TRENDS IN MARKETING / E-BUSINESS
- COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT: GENERAL CONCEPTS OF COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT / SALES DISTRIBUTION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS / COMMERCIAL ACTION / SALES NETWORK ORGANIZATION / SALES FORECAST / COMMERCIAL MODELS / MEANS OF PAYMENT.
- FOREIGN TRADE: GENERAL CONCEPTS OF FOREIGN TRADE / FINANCING OF OPERATIONS IN FOREIGN TRADE / MAIN RISKS OF FOREIGN TRADE / BARRIERS TO EXPORT / OFFICIAL AID / TAXES TAXED
SUBJECT 5: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- GENERAL ACCOUNTING: BRIEF HISTORY OF ACCOUNTING / INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING / RECORDING OF ACCOUNTING FACTS / ACCOUNTING CYCLE / AMORTIZATION / ADJUSTMENTS BY PERIODIFICATION / DISTRIBUTION OF PROFIT / GENERAL ACCOUNTING PLAN / SOME TYPES OF ACCOUNTS
- CONTROL MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING: GENERAL CONCEPTS OF MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL ACCOUNTING / COST CONTROL METHODS / DEVIATION ANALYSIS
- FINANCIAL ANALYSIS: GENERAL CONCEPTS OF FINANCIAL ANALYSIS / THE FINANCIAL ENVIRONMENT OF THE COMPANY / FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF THE COMPANY / SELECTION OF INVESTMENTS VALUATION OF SHARES AND OBLIGATIONS / VALUATION OF THE COMPANY / COST OF CAPITAL / FINANCIAL STRUCTURE OF THE FINANCIAL RATIO OF THE FINANCIAL COMPANY A COMPANY / FINANCIAL MATH
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT: GENERAL CONCEPTS OF OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT / PRODUCTION ORGANIZATION / DESIGN OF PRODUCTION PROCESSES / PRODUCTION PLANNING / PROJECT PLANNING AND SCHEDULING / STOCK MANAGEMENT / JUST IN TIME PRODUCTION / QUALITY / EFQM THE EUROPEAN MODEL OF EXCELLENCE / QUALITY STANDARDS / PROCESS MANAGEMENT / INFORMATION SYSTEMS
SUBJECT 7: DIRECTORATE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES IN THE COMPANY / HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING / REMUNERATION POLICIES / COMPENSATION / TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT POLICIES / CONCILIATION AND EQUALITY POLICIES
- ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR: INTRODUCTION / HOW TO MANAGE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR / GROUP BEHAVIOR / ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT / ORGANIZATIONAL SYSTEM
- HR STRATEGIC PLANNING: WHAT ARE HUMAN RESOURCES / STRATEGIC PLANNING OF HUMAN RESOURCES
SUBJECT 8: MASTER’S FINAL PROJECT (TFM)
- THE STUDENT MUST DELIVER THE EXECUTION OF A BUSINESS PLAN UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF A TEACHER.
PUBLIC MANAGEMENT SPECIALIZATION
The course will begin with an exhibition on the transformation of the concept of Public Management, which, in recent years has undergone a profound change until it reaches what we now understand as NEW PUBLIC MANAGEMENT.
To get into this concept, we will analyze PUBLIC MANAGEMENT in the different aspects: from the economic point of view, analyzing the Law of Public Sector Contracts (which is very recent), the public budget and subsidies; We will also analyze Human Resources management with special emphasis on complex selection processes in the public sphere. Also, and within this new concept of Public Management, we will place special emphasis on the concepts of Transparency and Good Governance; to end with the evaluation of public policies specifically analyzing Spain and different Latin American countries.
• Public administration and its legal personification / Plurality of public administrations / Administrative law and public administration
• The sources of administrative law / The constitution / The law / The normative provisions with force of law
• The sources of administrative law II: the regulation
• Regulatory power and its limits / Relations between law and regulation / Other sources of law
• The European community law / Original law and secondary law: regulations, directives and decisions / Relations between the community legal system and that of the member states / The application of community law in the autonomous communities.
• The state and autonomous regulations: systems of relations / Legislative powers of the autonomous communities / Basic legislation / The constitutionality block
• The principle of legality / The administrative powers / The discretion of the administration
• The administration and the courts of justice / The principle of self-supervision of the administration
• The activity of public administrations / Inter-administrative relations
• Administrative contracts / Structural elements of contracts
• The administrative activity of promotion / Public subsidies: legal regime, content and procedure of the subsidy relationship.
• The public domain: use and protection of public domain assets / Legal regime of patrimonial assets
• The expropriation power of the administration and its exercise
• History prior to the transparency law / Brief general approach to the content of the transparency law, access to information and good governance / Transparency of public activity / Commission of transparency and good governance / Principles of use of public resources
PUBLIC MANAGEMENT PROGRAM LEGISLATION PERU
- The evaluation of public interventions: a view from the development of public policies in Peru: The phases of development of public policies / Evaluation of public policies in Peru
- Macroeconomic framework: Executive summary / International macroeconomic panorama / Local macroeconomic panorama / Public finances / Statistical tables.
- Free trade agreements and treaties signed by Peru: Future free trade agreements / Trade and defense of intellectual property / Free trade agreements and medium, small and micro enterprises (MSMEs) / Free trade and biodiversity agreements / Treaties of free trade and the pharmaceutical market / Other topics and aspects of free trade agreements
- National Public Investment System: Project Cycle / Methodological Instruments
- Invierte.Pe: the new system that will replace the SNIP: Legislative Decree No. 1252 / Legislative Decree that creates the national multi-year programming and investment management system and repeals Law No. 27293, law of the national public investment system
- National control system: Constitutional powers / Legal powers / Fundamental rules / National control system, general comptroller’s office and government control
- Public contracting in Peru: The evolution of administrative contracting in Peru / Scenario of state contracts in Peru / Public and private law in the main state contracts / Public service in Peru. / The traditional notion of public service / The transformation of public service; the service of general economic interest and the universal service / The economic public service in the Peruvian constitutions / The social public services / Local public service
- Single Text of Administrative Procedures (TUPA): Concept of the TUPA / Objective of the TUPA / Approval of the TUPA / Some concepts contained in the TUPA / Content of the single text of administrative procedures.
Requirements for Admission and Enrollment
You must deliver the documentation via email to your educational advisor:
- Application for admission duly completed and signed.
- Certified or notarized copy of the Identity Document in force on both sides.
- University Graduates: Certified or notarized photocopy of the University Academic Certificate (front and back), along with a sworn translation if it is in a language other than Spanish.
Professionals not university graduates without university access studies:
- Certified photocopy of the employment contract or company certificate detailing the functions and working life report or equivalent. Minimum 3 years of professional experience
TRIPLE EUROPEAN DEGREE
The study of any of our Online Masters will allow the student to acquire, on the one hand, the skills and strengths necessary to expand their professional development and, on the other hand, will give them more alternatives in order to occupy positions of responsibility in companies.
The students of the Master will have all the business experience provided by the support of a Business School such as European Open Business School with extensive experience and great professionals from different fields and sectors, whose differential value lies in the innovative application of knowledge to real problems and the ability to cope with changing business environments.
At the end, the students will receive a triple degree:
- Own Title issued by the Universidad Católica de Ávila for the Master in Senior Business Management (MBA).
- Title issued by the European Open Business School for the Master in Senior Business Management (MBA).
- Title issued by the European Open Business School for the Specialization in Public Management.
Institutions of high recognition at European level and whose academic support requires compliance by the School with high quality standards in all academic programs.